Ever felt embarrassed by the bumps on your back & booty? Don't worry, you're not alone. According to MDacne, 60% of acne sufferers have reported acne on breakouts on their backs and butts. Luckily, I have worked with many clients who have this issue, and I've been able to help them clear up their skin with a few simple steps and changes in their lifestyle.
Back and butt acne is really just an inflammation of hair follicles caused by friction. It's usually not your typical "Acne Vulgaris", it's actually Folliculitis. Side note- if you have real pustules with puss inside, see your derm, if not- here are the most common reasons for inflamed spots and how to treat them:
CAUSES OF BACK & BUTT BUMPS:
1. Wearing tight clothing that rubs/causes friction on your skin. Yes, I too like my skinny jeans but they are not conducive to smooth skin!
2. Chemical dyes or fragrance in clothing can cause rashes that look like pimples.
3. Staying in sweaty gym clothes.
HOW TO PREVENT/TREAT BUMPS:
- Use a damp lukewarm washcloth with tea tree oil on the area of concern.
- Shower right after your workout or use shower wipes.
- Wear loose fitting clothing.
- Use a Konjac loofah in the shower to gently exfoliate & don't pick at the area! That will only make it worse.
- Because it's most likely folliculitis and not acne, us an OTC body wash with Benzoyl Peroxide.
- Use scent/dye free laundry detergent.
For more tips & tricks make sure to sign up to stay in the loop! I'm your trusted Esthetician & Beauty Expert! Leave a comment below if you tried any of my tips!