If you haven't been to Stuart Florida, you are most definitely missing out. Located only 39 miles north of West Palm Beach FL, this quiet yet breathtaking town has everything you'd want for a fun-filled family getaway. I am fortunate enough to have lived in Stuart (a long time ago), and now I visit yearly, here's why:
The number one reason most people visit Stuart Florida- The beautiful historic Downtown! Pedestrian friendly, quaint, and charming, this is by far my favorite part of Stuart. There's something for everyone! Art galleries, restaurants, shopping, and live music, you can fill up an entire day just strolling around and taking in the culture, and the sights.
1. Kilwins: Got a sweet tooth? My kids LOVE visiting Kilwins every time we are in town! You can watch them making fudge or dipping apples into caramel right from the window. Freshly made confections and hand-crafted brittles, your mouth will be watering from the moment you enter. Our favorite thing on the menu? The ice cream! Kilwins has been making their Original Recipe Ice Cream since 1985, and there are 40 flavors to choose from- perfect for a hot & sunny Florida afternoon.
2. Gumbo Limbo - Coastal Chic: If shopping is your thing (It's definitely mine), then make sure to pop in to Gumbo Limbo. This cute boutique has all kinds of fun trinkets, jewelry, gifts, home decor and children's items. I personally love buying souvenirs from here because they have that Florida beach flair without being tacky. I always like to pick up a little something for myself too! They carry two of my favorite lines, Mud Pie, and Voluspa, perfect for moms and kids!
3. The Gafford: This is an exquisite farm-to-table restaurant right in the heart of downtown Stuart. American cuisine, in a relaxed atmosphere, with the freshest ingredients, and the friendliest staff- this is a must do when visiting Stuart FL. My favorite dishes include: Fried Green Tomato Stack, Farm Stand Salad, Southern Style Meatloaf, and Tomato Roasted Spaghetti Squash. I'm getting hungry just writing about it!
4. Vine & Barley: Leave the kids home for this one of a kind experience. Vine & Barley is a wine tasting and craft beer lounge unlike any i've ever visited before. There are over 50 "self serve" wines and 24 rotating tap beers, both local and global. All the wines are kept at the perfect temperature in their state-of-the-art wine dispensing system, and you control the pour. Whether you just want a taste, half-glass, or full-glass, you pay for what you drink. Tastes start at just over $1and full pours start at $4.80. This is a wine lovers paradise, for sure.
5. Rockin' Riverwalk: Every Sunday from 1:00pm-4:00pm enjoy this free outdoor concert, right on the water! Enjoy the beautiful scenery, vendors, and live music. Great for all ages. Check HERE for the full schedule.
I hope you get to visit someday, and If you do, drop me a line!
#stuartflorida #downtownstuart #travel #floridatravel #floridatourism #tourism #florida #floridabeaches #familytravel #uniquetravel #travelblog #beauty #skincare #icecream #quaint #vacationmode #summertime